Assistant Construction Manager
Location: Spring Park, Corsham
Posted: 16th March 2020
- Supports the Construction manager to Deliver Ark data centres and supporting infrastructure across the Ark estate to meet our live services and customer needs
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- The assistant construction manager is responsible for supporting or managing the Design and Construction of Data Centre offerings and associated infrastructure to the agreed budget and programme; including – procurement, budget allocation, design and supply chain management, delivery culture, contract admin, construction risk management, health and safety compliance, commissioning, certification and IST. Areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate budgetary and programme control over complex projects
- Quality: Ensuring site project works including internal and contractor works meet design specifications and are carried out according to quality management procedures
- Sets up and manages support functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication.
- Assists in the management of design process from RIBA stage 3 onwards.
- Produces consolidated reporting to the Construction Manager / Head of Construction, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
- Reviews project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
- Stakeholder management across all parties (Interface with Clients, Architects, Designers and Contractors) to ensure a high performing project management team and supply chain that delivers the Ark Construction projects to agreed budgets and programmes.
- Identification and notification of technical and commercial risks associated with site works
- Safety: Ensuring site project work is carried out according to safety policy and procedures.
- An ambassador for Ark, with a focus on the design and building of our data centre offerings
- Contributes to and supports the creation of the Ark culture – its values, behaviours and owned common purpose.
- Acts to appropriately and professionally address any areas of underperformance
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Education and Experience Required University Degree in related field preferred (Civil / Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
- Industry Knowledge 3 - 5+ years’ experience in construction management Prior experience in datacentre construction desirable but not essential
- Organisation Strong team ethic is vital, comfortable working across departments Self-starter, able to identify and proactively manage situations as they arise Possess the ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent and meaningful format while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Good people engagement skills; able to get full co-operation from the team. Strong communication skills
- Technology Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of software Knowledgeable with Project Management software and best practise (Asta Powerproject preferred)
- Company Knowledge Develop a thorough knowledge of company procedures and standards.
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.