Cody Park Assistant Campus Manager
Location: Cody Park, Farnborough
Posted: 19th June 2020
- To support and assist Ark’s Campus Manager in delivering a variety of operational activities that are required to maintain the standards on campus.
- To co-ordinate health and safety support on campus.
- To provide support to Ark teams in delivering the services required by those working on or visiting the campus.
- To assist in the scheduling and coordination of the CBRE building maintenance staff, prioritising them as required by Ark.
- To assist in the scheduling and coordination of the cleaning teams, prioritising them as required by Ark.
- To ensure that all ‘front of house’ and ‘housekeeping activities’ run smoothly, developing the working practices that prioritise the clients’ expectations of the aesthetic standards of Ark.
- To manage the upkeep, appearance and performance of the campus.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Working as a part of the campus team, to deliver the day to day co-ordination of campus operations as instructed by the campus manager, working closely with the Ark teams.
- To conduct work in accordance with established procedures, regulations and associated policies.
- Self-motivated with an attention to detail of the cosmetic and functional aspects of campus and building management.
- To maintain the standards of the campus without negatively impacting the clients on-site or the operation of the datacentres.
- To co-ordinate the statutory H&S activities on campus, working within safe systems of work
- To deputise for the H&S and campus manager during any periods of absences
- To maintain the standards of cleaning services through audits and walk around inspections
- Ensure that the offices, meeting rooms and admin areas are maintained and provide the services expected
- Perform scheduled routine building inspections throughout the campus, reporting on general facilities standards and functions along with the statutory operations of the building
- Maintain the annual programme of campus inspections and condition reports
- Undertake operational duties as assigned or those duties arising in relation to emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for repairs, sourcing a supplier when required.
- Identify any Hazards or additional risks and report these to the Campus Manager
- Work closely with all other teams across the campus
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Education and Experience Required:
• Ability to communicate well with all members of staff and client teams
• Attention to detail with a pride in doing it right first time • GCSE level qualified or relevant experience
- Industry Knowledge
• General building/housekeeping knowledge
• Knowledge of the requirements of health and safety
• Basic understanding of facilities management and/or datacentres
• Knowledge of the elements required to deliver campus operations
• Ability to maintain schedules and reports across the campus
• Ability to maintain records of inspections and tracking any improvements agreed
• Develop working relationships across Ark that are essential to the effective delivery of day-to-day campus operations.
• Work with and assist clients in providing contracted and ad-hoc managed services.
• MS Office suite
• Use of Incident and change management tools
- Company Knowledge
• A basic level of understanding of Ark and datacentres
• Ability to achieve SC Clearance
• Ability to work as a team
• Effective communication skills
• Effective organisational skills
- Desirable but not essential
• An inquisitive nature and willingness to learn and to get involved in the practical elements of the day to day operations of the campus
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.