Financial Planning Analyst
Posted: 2nd August 2021
- This role is required to support the continued growth of the Ark business.
- Ark operates data centres across 6 UK sites and has expanded rapidly in the last 9 years with a diverse customer base on long term contracts. There are multiple legal entities within the group and inter-company transactions.
- This role will be focused on enhancing and maintaining the financial forecast model, undertaking comprehensive financial analysis and producing information for board level review. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of the financial forecast model, supported by the CFO and Finance Manager. The financial forecast model is a critical business tool used to inform management, shareholders and external lenders on business performance and enabling investment decisions.
- The existing Ark Finance Team is currently made up of 8 people, and this new role will be a key part of the team, and contribute to the team achieving its monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines and helping the business meet its ambitious growth plans.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Development and maintenance of the financial forecast model – P&L’s, Balance Sheets, metrics.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business and the key drivers and inputs that impact financial performance.
- Update forecast frequently taking into account new customer contracts, data centre development programmes, actual results and changes in the business.
- Prepare annual budget plan – assessing and interrogating underlying inputs, analyse outputs, produce high level summaries for management, shareholders and lenders.
- Alignment of forecast to other financial information tools – including tenancy schedule, construction cost reports, demand and supply, power data.
- Preparation of board level information and reports.
- Produce group and company level information and analysis.
- Assist in producing and reviewing business case appraisals for operational purposes.
- Assist in producing investment appraisals for new projects.
- Analysis of operational data and resulting financial impact to enable informed decision making.
- Supporting the preparation of the quarterly management accounts and analysis of results.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the annual audit, and the provision of audit documentation.
- Support annual asset valuation process with external advisors.
- Resolve ad-hoc queries to ensure smooth day to day running of financial operations.
- Support the implementation of new processes and procedures to maximise efficiency.
- Support the Finance team with excel modelling, analysis and interpretation of data.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Key attributes – Bold, Constructively Challenging, Collaborative, Empathetic, and Integrity.
- Part qualified / Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or have a strong financial planning analysis background.
- High level Excel skills – capable of producing complex financial models from scratch and/or improving existing models, efficient data analysis and concise reporting.
- Inquisitive mind to identify the link between financial and operational data, make conclusions and recommendations and communicate output in a clear and concise manner.
- Imperative attention to detail.
- Hands on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative and take responsibility for their deliverables, whilst working as part of close-knit team.
- Robust individual with experience of supporting and engaging with managers and staff from different parts of a business.
- Able to generate new ideas and approaches to challenge the status quo where necessary, coupled with a natural desire to assist and support colleagues.
- Strong experience of other Microsoft Office products, primarily Word and Powerpoint.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to undergo and pass full security clearance.
- Location: Farnborough (Primary), Corsham, London and working from home.
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.