Technical Operations Manager
Location: Spring Park, Corsham
Posted: 6th October 2020
- Supervising the maintenance and operational activities across the Ark Campuses located at Cody Park Farnborough, Spring Park Corsham and Meridian Park Enfield (and other sites acquired as necessary).
- Commissioning and testing of new infrastructure including the review and approval of associated documentation.
- Management of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPM).
- Managing and approving maintenance spend in-line with Campus budgets.
- Change Management.
- Business Case preparation.
- Project Management associated with infrastructure upgrades.
- Life Cycle Replacement planning activities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensuring that each new building / data centre meets the quality standard required for transition from construction into the live service.
- Review and monitor the maintenance contractors and third party supplier’s activities to ensure they have achieved the required quality standard.
- Ensure Service availability and contracted Service Levels (SLA) are met across the site.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance requirements within Ark buildings.
- Ensure that all risks to data centres M&E are effectively managed.
- Maintain safe working practices and ensure that Health and Safety objectives are met.
- Ensure effective cross campus maintenance standards are met.
- Ensure that Ark has the necessary information to monitor the maintenance, condition and performance of building assets and subcontractors.
- Ensure that there is adequate information available allowing the operational teams to deliver the maintenance successfully.
- Work with Ark Service Desk to manage and monitor the data centre capacity.
- Work with Ark’s incumbent maintenance contractors and third party suppliers to ensure a fully managed and costed lifecycle management programme.
- Provide technical support and assistance to operational staff in the progression and closure of incidents.
- Ensure that all incidents are logged and correctly progressed in accordance with ITIL Framework.
- Assist in Route Cause Analysis (RCA) reviews as outlined within Incident Management best practices and governance.
- Ensure all operational changes are impacted and implemented in accordance with ITILFramework.
- Work closely with 3rd party contractors to incorporate lessons learned into future designs.
- Contribute to an on-call escalation rota to provide enhanced technical support 24/7.
- Ensure all technical knowledge is transferred from the design and build phase to the operational teams in the live environment.
- Support the training and development of operations staff.
- Contribute, as the technical authority, on all M&E projects being planned and that are in delivery providing progress reports into Operations.
- Review and write Technical Changes as required.
- Review and write Technical Operations manuals, standards and processes as required.
- Support, develop and participate in emergency scenario testing/training.
- Identify and manage any technical risks associated with the delivery of new builds and to ensure these are transferred to the risk register following the Ark Risk Management Module (ARMMS) approach.
- Support, contribute and participate in Arks business continuity plans.
- To have overview of all technical projects.
- Sign off mechanical & electrical extra works expenditure in accordance with local procedures.
- To work closely with Chief Information Officer (CIO) & construction teams to contribute any operational and build lessons learned into future designs.
- Working with Ark Customer Delivery Executives and Client Services to provide technical information client fit-outs and equipment performance.
- Work with Ark Change Management on technical changes, updates or new projects on the M&E infrastructure.
- Work with Ark Service Desk on problem and incident management.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- HNC/HND or higher in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline or Building Services.
- Management/Leadership Qualification.
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- To work closely with the engineering & operational team providing technical support to deliver the projects to plan.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated but also a strong team player.
- Effective Communications skills, including the ability to define and explain requirements in a technical manner, and to organise and structure information so that it is accessible, intelligible and up to date.
- Confident of own knowledge/ability.
- Ability to work in confidence, as required, to meet commercially sensitive and secure business standards.
- Thorough and analytical approach to work and ability to finish a job.
- Projects experience – Commissioning, testing and associated documentation.
- Experience in Change Management.
- Experience in Problem & Incident Management (Remedy).
- The above Experience, Skills and Qualifications are not all essential and in many cases are desirable. The ideal candidate should be able to provide evidence of these traits whether that be in the form of physical qualifications or by proof of experiential learning.
- Ensure that knowledge gained in the design and build of data centres is retained and shared in Ark for future application.
- Ensure that an appropriate Knowledge Base is maintained in accordance with ISO/ITIL standards.
- Review O&M’s, ensuring technical documentation is complete and meets handover and quality requirements.
- Contribute to a standard set of Technical Operational documents and to review them before they are applied across operations.
- Already holds, or be able to achieve SC clearance.
- Support out-of-hours working as required.
- Own car for business travel.
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.