Ark designs data centres to be the most secure, efficient and reliable from the ground up, without any compromise to their design, build and operation.
Every time we design, build and operate a data centre for a client, we do so using a solution set that is underpinned by substantial industry-standard accreditation. This includes electrical and cooling systems that are certified by our M&E Design & Construction contractor to exceed the UTI Tier III uptime percentage. Our contractor also certifies, through Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), an overall design availability in excess of 99.98%.
We also offer the highest levels of sustainability across our data centres without compromising security and availability, an ongoing commitment we are always seeking to improve still further:
- Ark has implemented and exceeded the requirements of the HMG Greening Strategy, designed to ensure the lowest possible environmental impact.
- Our direct air-cooled data centres are considered best-in-class, requiring no mechanical cooling >99% of the year.
- Because our data centres are factory-built offsite, the embedded carbon footprint and construction waste are greatly reduced – and our BREEAM accreditation indicates we recycle over 90% of this waste.
- We responsibly source power through competitive tendering that favours renewable energy.
- Every Ark data centre building has photo voltaic cell installations on the roof to capture solar energy.
- We have also introduced rainwater harvesting at both our campus sites to offset water consumption.